Tuesday 11 December 2012

Vintage Christmas


This is the card I have made for my Parents this year, it`s an image I`ve had for a while from a Creative Expressions - Create a Scene stamp set - Vintage Christmas.
My Parents like a traditional Christmas and they loved this card.
I`ve used Magnolia papers, Tim Holtz Tattered Poinsettia and Tattered Pinecone dies, Martha Stewart PAP Cherished set and icicle punches, Trimcraft Ribbon, flowers from WOC and Carnmeal Cottage, Marianne creatables tree and holly dies and memory box fence and bare tree dies.

I`ve coloured the image with distress inks and added snow writer, stickles diamond and glamour dust. The background trees are SU lovely as a tree set and were stamped by masking off the main image and overstamping with a dark green ink pad.


The fence was soooo fiddly to do as it is only a tiny die, so I had to glue several together and then add the snow writer and I used reverse tweezers to hold it in place at each end and stand it upright to dry! I think the effort was worth it though.

I`m sitting typing this with my feet up as I fell up the stairs a couple of days ago and have badly bruised my leg ! typical thing for me to do right before Christmas but hopefully it`ll be mended enough for me to walk about again soon! At least I got my Christmas shopping done before it happened!

Thanks for visiting, bye for now and happy crafting xxx

5 comments:

  1. WOW this is stunning the card is so gorgeous. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness this is such a beautiful card, I am sure your parents will love it!
    Hugs
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous vintage Christmas card, the image reminds me of the black and white Chester houses near me.
    janex

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Sara I love the scene you have made,hope your leg is not too bruised.
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous card, great colours and a fab layout
    HUGZ Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always appreciated :)